Tree Life Short Courses
BS5837:2012 One Day Workshop
Cost: £150 + Vat, includes templates and workbook notes.
Venue: The Tree Life Training Centre, Syston, Leicestershire
Times: 9.30 - 4.30
Total number of learners accepted for each course: 6
Does this course qualify for CPD: Yes
The aim of the course:
is to provide a program that allows attendees to go away with sufficient working knowledge of BS 5837 in relation to :
- Undertaking a tree survey
- Determining a category of tree retention
- Identifying the preliminary constraints posed by trees and preparing an initial statement of arboricultural impacts
- Producing an Arboricultural Impact Assessment
- Producing a Tree Protection Plan and an Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS)
- Each candidate will be provided with templates and other relevant information which they can take away on disk
it is essential that attendees come with a laptop computer, coloured pencils, drawing compass and a scale rule. A copy of BS5837 with you would also assist you on the day.
A Guide to the day:
the day will start with an in depth look at the use of BS 5837 and progress through the preparation of a plan showing the constraints posed by trees, an arboricultural impact assessment, a draft tree protection plan and discussion on a final development design for a real site. After lunch the candidates will prepare an AMS and a tree protection plan appropriate to their final design with the guidance of the course tutor.
Included in the course: templates and workbook for candidates to take away to help them complete BS5837 reports on their own.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided